Poking out of the stack of bills and flyers and generally uneventful mail waiting for me at home last night was a little mailer from Barneys New York inviting me to “Love Love Love” myself. Said love would come in the form of buying beauty products, specifically $200 worth of beauty products, after which I will receive a complimentary cosmetics bag filled with a selection of goodies. The (what shall henceforth be known as) “Love Event” is going down this Thursdsay-Saturday at Barneys Northpark on on their website.
I am a sucker for this sort of gift with purchase action (I wish I were a stronger person, I do, but beauty products are my vice…well beauty products and dark chocolate, oh and a good gin and tonic too, but I digress), so after scanning the mailer, I did what any reasonable person would do and made a hypothetical shopping list.
Here’s what I’d spend my two Benjamins on, clockwise from top:
- REN F10 Smooth and Renew Mask: This organic mask is designed to smooth and brighten using natural ingredients like papaya, barbados cherry extract, and arctic blackcurrant oil (ok I want to eat this mask). But the real sell is the fact that a friend of mine who has three kids (i.e. she’s running like a mad woman) and amazing skin swears by it. If she’s in, I’m in.
- Yves Saint Laurent La Laque Couture in Violet Baroque: Ok, I realize $25 is excessive for a bottle of nail polish (or “la laque couture,” which sounds far more posh), but this this little bottle of violet goodness is so chic that I can’t help think swiping it on my fingertips will make carpool a way (way) more glamorous enterprise.
- Aesop Resurrection Aromatique Hand Balm: It’s flu season, which means I’ve been washing my hands a bazillion times a day. So I need something to make sure they don’t get all sad and dry, especially now that they’re sporting pretty Violet Baroque nails.
- Bamford Organic Baby Bath & Massage Oil: I swear by lavender for getting my older daughter to mellow out when she’s fighting bedtime (the scene pretty much every single night). Normally I just sprinkle a few drops of lavender essential oil on her pillow, but I’m going to take things up a notch by giving her a bath in laced with this camomile, lavender,and geranium oil prior to said pillow sprinkling.
- Rodin Olio Lusso Lip Balm: Just far prettier than ChapStick, yes?
- Armani Beauty Eyes to Kill Mascara: When you’re tired, it’s all about the big, wide-open eyes (or lack thereof). If all I can manage is a smear of that Rodin lip balm and a few coats of the Armani mascara, I’m golden.
Grand total = $203
So, do tell, what would you spend $200 on?