Father’s Day is just around the corner, and while the girlies will make all manner of homemade keepsakes for my husband, I thought he also deserved a “big kid” gift from me in appreciation for being my partner in crime in this whole crazy, lovely parenting enterprise…
But shopping for the boys can be hard, so to get inspired, I asked some of my favorite local dads what they really, really want (no holds barred) for Father’s Day. From custom kicks to a roll in the hay, herewith their gifts of choice.
- David Schechter, WFAA Reporter – “iPro lens system for my iPhone.” Full stop.
- Charles Taylor, Interior Designer — “I have owned a gazillion pairs of Vans (they last and they fit perfectly). A gift certificate for new ones would be great… Or better yet, how about a custom pair designed by my kids.”
- Tim Rogers, D Magazine Editor — “This power tool kit pretty much gets it done. I’d also be happy to receive the SUPER LS Fairway Wood by local company Adams Golf, but if money’s tight, an unbridled night of passion would work too.” (Ed. that last part is actually not at all what Tim originally wrote, but I took it upon myself to make him sound more, ahem, romantic in an attempt to up his chances of actually getting some from his wife. Tim, you can thank me later.)
- David Goltl, DWR Studio Proprietor — “Zikmu Speakers (leaps and bounds above the cluncky rack systems), oh and Paul Smith socks are always appropriate. (I’m wearing them now.)
- Breck Woolsey, Interior Designer – “I need a new duffle, or, on the opposite end of the spectrum, good ole fashion breakfast in bed.”
- Michael Hassett, D MagazineArt Director — “D.S. & Durga, Burning Barbershop.”
- Scot Redman, Fashion Editor and Photographer — “A new longboard to add to my collection.”