From a genius Halloween costume to a party for a good cause (the best kind of party), herewith our favorite things from around the interwebs this week.
- Skirt as Top’s completely adorable Fantastic Mr. Fox costumes spotted on Prudent Baby.
- Raya’s update on the organic goodness coming to HPV in the form of shop-cum-juice bar Number One/ Le Jus. (Retail savant Brian Bolke is half of the duo behind the endeavor, so you know it’s going to be good.)
- Kristen’s overview of NorthPark Center’s construction® exhibit.
- Molly’s post about these killer Zara leggings… Sadly, I couldn’t pull these off, but they’ve definitely inspired me to step out of my fashion comfort zone. Color here I come. Maybe.
- Laura’s post about tonight’s cocktail reception at CityWalk on Akard Street*. The reception helps support a project founded by AIA’s Emerging Leaders class to give a place for the 38 children of formerly homeless and low-income families transitioning to self-sustained living to play outside their apartments.
*We have a pair of tickets to the reception up for grabs. Shoot me an e-mail if you’re interested, and I’ll bestow them on to the first person to respond.
Tickets can also be bought in advance for $15 each (tickets will be $20 at the door). Each entry ticket will include two drinks tickets and food from Maggiano’s and Taco Cabana. There will also be live music, a DJ, a silent auction, and a raffle at the event.