It’s grey and drizzly and cold outside. How about a few happy makers to compensate for the crummy Monday weather? Herewith five things making us feel (a little bit) better about the lack of sunshine.
- Maison Martin Margiela’s Trompe l’Oeil Sandals. The neutral and chic camel and black combo is timeless and will go with pretty much anything, and the chunky stacked heel gives inches without the agony of a stiletto. I’m in.
- Donna Wilson’s Ginge Cat at TENOVERSIX. Per Donna, said cat loves kisses and cherry cola and dislikes thunder and lightning. Good to know. As a side note, who else is counting the days until TENOVERSIX opens at The Joule?
- The prettifying powers of makeup artist Kate Conkey. She works her magic out of Oak Lawn makeover hot spot Blushington, and, friends, she does seriously good work. I would highly recommend booking an appointment stat.
- Madewell’s Mix and Mingle rings. At $28, this set of five stacking rings is a huge steal. Mix them in with your pricier baubles or wear as is. Alas, they’re sold out online, but I was at Madewell in NorthPark this weekend and spied a few sets there.
- Lucia’s latest work. I love this piece by artist, writer, D Moms art editor, and all around comptely and utterly amazing lady Lucia Simek. But then again, I love pretty much everything that she does. Full stop.