D Moms Loves: Art Adventures at The Modern, Cobalt Blue Goodness at V.O.D., and Duro Olowu for JCPenny
We are furiously working on finishing the spring issue of D Moms, but that doesn’t mean we’ve abandoned our “Loves” list. Herewith the people/places/things we’re digging this week.
- The Modern in Ft. Worth: Specifically we’re crazy about The Modern’s monthly Drawing from the Collection for Children program. I took my six year old and her buddy last Sunday and had a total and complete blast. I would highly recommend. (I would also highly recommend making a reservation for lunch at Cafe Modern and ordering the Moroccan chicken salad…just saying.)
- Isabel Marant’s Adele Sandals and Claramonte’s Suede Bag: Both are available at V.O.D., and both are utterly and completely gorgeous.
- Fashion Designers A-Z: The Taschen book celebrates designers represented in the permanent collection of The Museum at the Fashion Institute of Technology (MFIT), New York. We’re especially loving the Stella McCartney Edition adorned with the neon abstract print from her Summer 2013 collection. Bonus: MFIT Director and Chief Curator Valerie Steele will be doing a Q&A about the book this Thursday from 6-8 pm at Neiman Marcus NorthPark.
- Duro Olowu for JCPenny’s Tribal Print Pants. Our D Moms creative director was sporting these bad boys yesterday, and, friends, they are seriously fantastic. Oh and they’re only $35. I’m planning on snapping up a pair stat.
- Diptique’s 34 Boulevard Saint Germain Candle. I’m loving the earthy but bright scent (all moss and fig and blackcurrant), I’m loving the opaque white, handmade porcelain jar. I’m loving the 70-hour burn time. Pretty much loving it all… You can get one for yourself at Forty Five Ten.